The overall objective of the Integration Lab is to develop novel ways for stimulating integration of migrants, fostering the values of inclusive societies and tolerance among all children in educational systems. The ambition underlying the tasks of this work package is to bring the fieldwork and desk research findings into practice. The aim of this WP is to establish data-driven research and activities throughout the project. The specific objectives of this WP are:
- to start from the identified migrant children integration programmes at the regional and local level and further develop them in line with the child-centred fieldwork and desk research findings;
- to establish ‘Integration Labs’ in local schools in selected countries relying on digital technologies, child-centred solutions and an art-based approach;
- to develop tools and practices to be used in the context of Integration Labs;
- to plan and implement integration activities in the Integration Labs;
- to produce an ‘Integration Lab’ child-centred toolkit programme for teachers, which will contribute to their capacity-building in relation to diversity management, multicultural education and a child-centric approach.
In the integration lab two information-communication (IC) tools will be developed to stimulate language learning, creativity, expression and the participation of all children and to provide innovative ways of addressing cultural dialogue in schools:
- digital storytelling application
- awareness raising application
In line with specific requirements and circumstances connected to the framework of the integration of migrant children, the objective is to develop a toolkit for teachers, which will contribute to their capacity-building in relation to diversity management, multicultural education and a child-centric approach. participant of the Integration Lab will design guides for teachers dealing with:
- multicultural education and diversity management;
- preventing inter-ethnic conflicts in the school environment;
- art-based practices and measures for promoting inclusion;
- migrants’ conceptualization of well-being;
- organization of everyday school life.
The Integration Lab entails establishment of a Children Advisory Board, consisting of migrant children from different schools included in the fieldwork research activities. The Children Advisory Board will participate in Integration Labs already in the stage of developing the practices.